Minutes of the Meeting
Southwest St. Louis County Fair Association
January 23, 2019
The meeting was called to order by the President, Roger Hill, at 6:08 pm. Members present: Roger Hill, Sheila High, Carrie Johnson, Pat Seredinski, Melinda Felknor, Rob Benson, Amanda Fjeld, Cheryl Bailey.
The agenda was approved after adding 2 item to the new business.
Motion by Rob Benson, second by Carrie Johnson, to approve the October Secretary’s Report. Voted upon, approved.
Treasurer Cheryl Bailey stated that we have a current balance is $766, but we have a loan of $1,000. Motion by Amanda Fjeld, second Melinda Felknor, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Voted upon, approved.
- Food Booth – no report
- Fair Queen Coordinator – Sheila High asked if boys could run, we said yes.
- Parade – Carrie Johnson is still monitoring the highway 73 and Main Street construction.
- Children’s Games – Melinda Felknor stated the Telisha Bennett would get the inflatables again. Discussion regarding a bicycle raffle.
- Fall Fest Review
- 2018 Grant – Final reports submitted, waiting for final check.
- 2019 Grant – has been submitted, waiting to hear if everything is approved.
- February 17 potluck and raffle – scheduled workers.
- Looking into someone to shovel the snow off of the DFC.
- Congratulations to Roger Hill on winning the MN Fair Person of the Year Award.
The next meeting will be on Wednesday, April 24,6:00 PM, at the DFC.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:15.